Saturday, January 6, 2007

Ready, Set, GO!

Well, this will be the last until I know what the situation at Ft Riley will be for the next couple of months. I hope to buy a laptop there and have internet access sometimes. We'll see how it goes.

I've been on active duty since the 2nd, but I will arrive at Ft Riley on Sunday. That's when the fun begins. A couple of weeks of inprocessing, and then it's off to the races with the train-up.

I've been feeling every emotion that you can think of when it comes to this. Excitement, anxiety, sadness, determination, trepidation, hopefulness; the whole gamut.

I know that nobody has read this yet but me... but even if I'm the only one who will ever read it, this is my ride. If you've joined in, welcome aboard. I'm sure it will get more interesting.

Leaving Sunday afternoon... the kids and the rest of the family will be there. I think it will help them to "see me off to war." I hope it will give them a sense of completing the process of saying goodbye... a sort of closure.

Still not finished putting everything in storage and packing for the journey. I will, though. Tonight there is a lot of work to do, then tomorrow a little more, then time with the kids. This trusty computer will go to spend some time with my kids, and then it will be here for me when I return. In the meantime, they will get some use out of it.

So long for now... hopefully I will post again soon. Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated due to spamming of old posts.